Golden-haired Starlet Baby has progressed a LOT since I last wrote here.
Let’s see – what can he do now?
At 8 months, Golden-haired Starlet Baby now can do these cool things and has also these…
- Sitting upright and getting himself from a sleeping position to a sitting position (involving a complicated series of movement flipping back and forth)
- Crawling! Further and faster!!! Eeeeeeekkkkkkk. We can’t leave him unattended now – not at all, not even a minute! He will push his hip and cute little bottom up and arms up like a soldier and then crawl off wandering the space around him.
- Can “walk” on a few steps if you hold his hands – his feet and legs are very strong and powerfully making tiny steps now.
- Can grab just about anything and – even though too lazy to hold it all the time – can grab the bigger milk bottle now.
- His grips have become so tight. If he grabs your hair and pull it, OUCH. It hurts.
- He likes to throw objects and toys and shake them and bang them and then…lick & eat them again
- Has his own will now. If he wants something he’ll do everything to get it and if he doesn’t want to do something he will cry and scream and fight back or simply, in case of feeding, keeps his mouth shut tight.
- Also has his own mood
- Veeeeeeery long teeth – strangely the one on the upper jaw retracted itself – it hasn’t come out since the last time it started growing!
- He now weighs 11 kg for 84 cm.
- Can wave goodbye if he’s in the mood to (this really depends on his mood ) and he will wave at you if you wave at him first.
- Screaming shrieking screams with more ba ba ba bla bla ma ma pa pa vocabs –> meaning you don’t understand anything but it’s just he has more tones and syllables to show off!
- Starting to learn standing up on his own. He’ll climb using people’s body (that he can grab and rely on as a support) or anything, actually – like the sides of his own crib.
- He’ll get angry if you try to take anything he’s holding.
- Still loving bottles, remote controls, and attracted by gadgets (iPhone, iPad, and computers that he likes to tap on, tap tap tap with his small hands, also BlackBerry).
- His hair grows longer and longer and can be Mohawked now The color is still super light when seen under the sunlight or direct lights.
- He now likes Maurice, the MinPin dog SO MUCH. SOOOOOOOO MUCH. For 8 months he didn’t even realize the dog existed, but now he knows that there is an animal or whatever – perhaps an alien to him – something alive that moves, runs, walks on four legs and barks or makes other noises – and he is INTERESTED in the dog. He likes to observe Maurice Pin, coos at him and tries to “call” the dog with his own baby lingo – to no avail, of course – but still, it’s so cute to look at him observing Maurice. Maurice is behaving so nicely toward Baby as well.
- Now Baby Louis likes fruits more and more (organic papayas, black prunes, bananas, baby oranges) and starts liking black rice and chicken liver puree. He still likes pure water. And can officially drink from a glass – not even a sippy cup, but a glass.
- We still spoonfeed him – not yet trying Baby-Led Weaning / BLW – let’s see in a few months or so.
- Has tried sitting on a baby chair in a restaurant the other day. He kinda liked it and didn’t even complain – it was novelty! He started to complain and cried when the novelty wore off We’re going to buy him a very cute high chair either Aprica Hi-Lo Panorama, Bloom Fresco Loft, Graco Contempo or Peg Perego Prima Pappa Diner – we’ll see the best one at Mothercare.
- Can take a bath inside his inflatable rubber ducky tub (it’s Munchkin, super safe, cute, with quacking sounds that will indicate if the water is too hot for the baby – alternatively you can pinch the beak so that the duck quacks anyway). HE LOVES HIS DUCKY TUB Whenever he sees it, bath-time or not, he will ask to be put inside, playing tap tap on the sides of the rubber ducky tub and coos in happiness.
The rubber ducky tub looks like this:
- He loves his Maman, Papa, Oma, MomIda, Uncles Timmy & Boy & his small cousins so much. Less anxious now if we leave the room because we try to make him understand each time – we will be back for him so it’s okay if we leave just for awhile or even just for a minute.
- Can play in his cute Bright Starts Doodle Bug Activity Table. It’s SO CUTE! It’s a big present from his Oma (and MomIda wants to buy him a tiny bike! Louis is sooooooo spoiled!)
The Doodle Bug looks like this, and Louis can spend hours and hours playing on it:
Louis is a very very happy baby. Always smiling, putting up a cute face, adorably cooing, asking people to pay him attention and to like him.
I don’t count anymore the times when we have to push away a stranger – or strangers – wanting to get hold of him. Sometimes it’s overwhelming!! You just wanna be walking around with your family at malls, restaurants or wherever he goes with us, even at the bank, even at immigration offices – and all of a sudden there are these people ooh-and-aah-ing when they see your baby – some get so annoyingly obsessed with taking photos of him – but we usually don’t allow them – hey, it’s OUR BABY! Go make one yours rather than obsessing over ours!
(Well, it doesn’t apply to our friends though. We just HATE strangers who think they may touch him. No. If we don’t know you, NO. N. O. Just don’t even try)
So, next month he’ll be 9 months old – soon he’ll be longer out than in! We love him more and more each day